Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Dad

My Dad is not a young man anymore. He has thin, grey hair; sometimes cut short, sometimes longer and wavy.
My Dad’s eyes are kind. His smile is kind too.

My Dad has no moustache or beard; he is always clean shaven. But he does have glasses and big, bushy eyebrows. His eyebrows are grey too.

My Dad has lots of wrinkles. That’s not unusual for someone eighty years old.

The clothes my Dad wears are nothing special: just right for a retired man working in his garden, going kayaking, or visiting friends.

Some people say my Dad has the face of God. I know for sure my Dad is a man full of compassion.

7 comments:

  1. "he does have glasses and big", why don't we say: "he has glasses ang big"

    ReplyDelete
  2. He look like Peter. Sorry, Peter look like him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, sometimes I miss my Dad, but we *do* talk every week.

    Kiet, we use the construction [do + verb], e.g. We talk every week > We do talk every week, He has big glasses > He does have big glasses- to add emphasis, especially to emphasize a contrast e.g. He doesn't have X; he does have Y. I sometimes miss him (=I don't miss him a lot) but (this is because) I do call him every week.

    Everywhere I go, when someone sees my father, they say I look like him. There is no escape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you worry about him when you're far from him?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I understanded. Thanks Peter. I heard that you won't teach me in new class. That's true? :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teacher why you don't teach me a new class :(

    ReplyDelete