I don't have one place I can call home. But there are some things I like to have around me when I want to make a place feel like home.
There are some plants. I love nature, so something green is really important. Plants help me relax. I love ferns. Some flowers are good. But my plants need to be hardy because I'm not a good gardener.
There's a Persian rug. If there's a wooden floor under it, that's great. A Persian rug is a luxury. For me, it's art and tradition. It represents old things that last. In a hot climate, it reminds me of colder places. On a rainy day, it goes well with another thing I like to have...
There's a bookshelf full of good books. I love reading. I always have more books than I can read. There a books in English, in Thai, and in Vietnamese. I love reading about people. C.S Lewis, a famous English author once said, "We read to know we're not alone."
The thing is, I live alone. My home away from home is a quiet place. In it, I can escape the busy world outside. Still, one day, I hope I will find someone to share my home away from home.
No comments:
Post a Comment